LogCheck is a Windows based software system for the management of coal exploration data. It includes facilities for:
- data entry, validation, plotting and production of English reports for hole header (location information), drilling, water flow, downhole geological and geotechnical (rock mass unit, defect and point load) data,
- plotting and geological log depth adjustment using downhole geophysical data,
- import and export of dictionaries and data to and from geological databases and modelling packages, such as Acquire, Geobank, MineScape (GDB), Vulcan, Minex and Englog,
- production of various audits and summaries, including summaries of: data currently stored for each hole; dictionary code usage; drilling meterage; seams, horizons and samples in each hole; contents of downhole geophysical (LAS) files; rock mass unit characteristics and point load indices.
- Compilation of detailed CQ data from various analytical bases into a linked database system that verifies the data entry, allows some manipulation of the coal data into composites over seams and then the export of this data for further modelling.